About the Job
MEMS Precision Technology, Inc (MPT) is a new company founded in 2002 and with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, Ca. We develop MEMS based sensors and related control systems. We offer exciting contract opportunities in state-of-the-art MEMS based real time product development for those with critical skills that will help us grow. We offer flexible work hours and great opportunity for a technologist who is results orientated and desires the challenge of working in a socially positive development atmosphere with a small team of talented employees. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for your skills so apply to the specific openings below. Due to the need to fill these positions immediately, we ask that only those already living in the local area apply. The duration of the job is expected to be part time over 4 to 5 months with the potential to develop to a full time position and the Pay Rate: DOE. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circuit Design Engineer
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- The Circuit Design Engineer will develop goal-oriented solutions for our customer’s problems. Challenges include short development schedule, resource constraints, and evolving customer goals for greater speed, throughput, and accuracy.
- As a member of the technical staff, the Circuit Design Engineer will demonstrate initiative in exploring advanced theories using signal processing techniques, communications theory, control theory, algorithm development and coding, as well as testing and documenting the research.
- The Circuit Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and analysis of ultra-low noise analog circuit blocks, low power analog to digital conversion, and integration into digital processing modules.
- Generate schematics for mixed-signal circuit board designs
- Perform integration, verification, and timing analysis of digital logic and circuitry and related analog circuitry
- Works in conjunction with software and firmware efforts to ensure system meets operational requirements.
- Implement signal processing and communications algorithms for FPGA systems using VHDL if required
- Translate and optimize general-purpose floating-point algorithms for fixed-point parallel architectures
- Participate in internal research and development (IRAD) and one-of-a-kind developments for deployment as field released prototypes
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other equivalent field of discipline; a Master’s degree Electrical Engineering or other equivalent field of discipline.
- Candidates must have well-rounded knowledge of various types of EDA tools such as schematic capture, simulation, synthesis, place-and-route tools.
- Minimum 1 years in behavioral VHDL
- Experience with an FPGA based system such as Xilinx, Altera, or Actel
- Expertise with MATLAB simulation (filter design, FFT, etc.)
MPT is an equal opportunity employer.