About the Job
MEMS Precision Technology, Inc (MPT) is a new company founded in 2002 and with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, Ca. We develop MEMS based sensors and related control systems. We offer exciting contract opportunities in state-of-the-art MEMS based real time product development for those with critical skills that will help us grow. We offer flexible work hours and great opportunity for a technologist who is results orientated and desires the challenge of working in a socially positive development atmosphere with a small team of talented employees. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for your skills so apply to the specific openings below. Due to the need to fill these positions immediately, we ask that only those already living in the local area apply. The duration of the job is expected to be part time over 4 to 5 months with the potential to develop to a full time position and the Pay Rate: DOE. Send your resume to email@example.com.
Firmware Consultant Engineer
- Develop the embedded firmware for a MEMS based product. The applicant must be knowledge and able to program in state of the art FPGAs. The applicant must be able to proposed the specific FPGA development system that will be used and identify and capital costs associated with the tasks. It is an added benefit if applicant has access to their own FPGA development tools.
- The FPGA tasks are to perform high-speed ,real-time closed loop control of a MEMS sensor that involves interfaces with low noise analog and digital electrical sensor circuits and interface with design and knowledge of various operating systems, potentially including Real Time Operating systems (RTOSs) for processors and Windows based I/O. The position may require some knowledge of or exposure to electrical design and knowledge of current software development methodologies.
- Support the design and implement data processing algorithms in a FPGA/PC based environment and perform basic MATLAB simulations that lead to the code. Participate in development and refining algorithms as part of a team
- Provide new software/firmware development and debugging.
- Implement use of new technologies, cost saving techniques and materials.
- Work with appropriate test groups to ensure specifications and schedules are met
- Participate in internal research and development (IRAD) and one-of-a-kind developments for deployment as field released prototypes
- Must have strong embedded firmware design, coding, and debugging experience.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related field.
- Three years minimum of FPGA based product development experience including in embedded firmware development with experience in closed loop control, filter design, and FFT.
- Requires experience with Assembly and C languages (C++, Visual Basic, and/or Visual C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of PIC processors, TI MSP 430 and microprocessors and other programmable devices is a plus.
- Knowledge of various bus architectures, such as USB, 1394, and VHDL is required
- Fairly strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make public presentations.
MPT is an equal opportunity employer.