About the Job
MEMS Precision Technology, Inc (MPT) is a new company founded in 2002 and with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, Ca. We develop MEMS based sensors and related control systems. We offer exciting contract opportunities in state-of-the-art MEMS based real time product development for those with critical skills that will help us grow. We offer flexible work hours and great opportunity for a technologist who is results orientated and desires the challenge of working in a socially positive development atmosphere with a small team of talented employees. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for your skills so apply to the specific openings below. Due to the need to fill these positions immediately, we ask that only those already living in the local area apply. The duration of the job is expected to be part time over 4 to 5 months with the potential to develop to a full time position and the Pay Rate: DOE. Send your resume to email@example.com
Mechanical Design Engineer
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will develop goal-oriented solutions for our customer’s problems. Challenges include short development schedule, resource constraints, and evolving customer goals for greater performance and accuracy.
- As a member of the technical staff, the Mechanical Design Engineer must demonstrate initiative in exploring advanced technical approaches using the latest materials, components and design techniques as well as testing and documenting the research.
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of the MEMS sensor including stress, strain and modal analysis. Additional responsible is for computing elements of the end-to-end system performance of the sensor system including noise contributions from Brownian motion, Johnson noise, etc.
- Responsible for working with the MEMS Process engineer in the development of mask sets to facilitate the MEMS process sequence.
- Responsible for complete mechanical design of all elements of the portable sensor system including system packaging, electronics packaging, air handling aerodynamics design, heater design, precipitator/concentrator design, sample preparation system design, and system human mechanical interface design.
- Perform integration, testing and validation of the chemical sensing system performance.
- Works in conjunction with electrical engineer and chemist to ensure producibility and ease of assembly of the system and to ensure system meets operational requirements.
- Responsible for the design of rapid heating and thermal control systems including transient thermal dynamic analysis. Forced convection cooling computations also required.
- Participate in internal research and development (IRAD) and one-of-a-kind development for deployment as field testable prototypes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Physics is highly desirable.
- Proficiency with Solidworks is required.
- MEMS design experience is a large plus.
- Proficiency with Cosmosworks is desired
- Portable system user interface design experience and human factors experience is a plus.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma desired. (Kaizen, 5S, TPS, Value Stream).
- Injection molded plastic component design experience is a plus.
MPT is an equal opportunity employer.