About the Job
MEMS Precision Technology, Inc (MPT) is a new company founded in 2002 and with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, Ca. We develop MEMS based sensors and related control systems. We offer exciting contract opportunities in state-of-the-art MEMS based real time product development for those with critical skills that will help us grow. We offer flexible work hours and great opportunity for a technologist who is results orientated and desires the challenge of working in a socially positive development atmosphere with a small team of talented employees. We are experiencing tremendous growth and have an immediate need for your skills so apply to the specific openings below. Due to the need to fill these positions immediately, we ask that only those already living in the local area apply. The duration of the job is expected to be part time over 4 to 5 months with the potential to develop to a full time position and the Pay Rate: DOE. Send your resume to email@example.com.
- Work involves interfaces with analog and digital electrical design and knowledge of various operating systems, potentially including Real Time Operating systems (RTOSs). Position may require some knowledge of, or exposure to electrical design. Knowledge of current software development methodologies
- Design and implement data processing algorithms in a PC based environment that progresses to a microcontroller based system
- Participate in development and refining algorithms as part of a team
- Develop the embedded firmware for a MEMS based product.
- Provide new software/firmware development and debugging.
- Implements use of new technologies, cost saving techniques and materials.
- Work with appropriate test groups to ensure specifications and schedules are met
- Participate in internal research and development (IRAD) and one-of-a-kind developments for deployment as field released prototypes
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or other related field.
- Must have strong embedded firmware design, coding, and debugging experience.
- Several years of product development experience including in embedded firmware development.
- Requires experience with Assembly and C languages (C++, Visual Basic, and/or Visual C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of PIC processors, TI MSP 430 and microprocessors and other programmable devices.
- Knowledge of various bus architectures, such as USB, 1394, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to make public presentations
- Must work well in a collaborative fast moving environment and understand the relation between hardware and software.
- Hardware design knowledge is a definite plus such as the principles of operation of external hardware peripherals, such as: A/D converters, D/A converters, external non-volatile memory, solid state thermal sensors, reference voltage sources.
MPT is an equal opportunity employer.